Friday, December 16, 2016

6 month old baby food - home made

Hi,

I am sharing the recipe of the baby food which I have been giving my daughter since she was almost 4 months old. I learnt it from my mother-in-law Mrs. Swapnila Parab. My daughter loves it and it has helped a lot in her growth. This contains ingredients like wheat, dates (Khajur) and almonds (badam), so has a lot of nutritional value and is really wholesome for the babies.

This is ideal for working mothers like me. Although the procedure to prepare this might seem a little tedious at the beginning, once you get the knack of it, you will be comfortable preparing it.

So lets start with the procedure.

Ingredients:
1 cup wheat grains
2 dates
4 almonds
Jaggery

Instructions:
1) Soak the wheat, dates and almond together in water overnight. This helps in grinding all these ingredients easily.
2) Grind all these ingredients in a grinder until they are very fine and form a paste.
3) Strain the paste with a fine strainer to remove the husk or any coarse particles. ( Since I fed this through a baby bottle, I ensured that there were no coarse particles remaining to avoid blocking the nipple of the bottle.
4) Once strained, add jaggery to it to sweeten it.
5) Next cook in on a very low flame by constantly stirring it. Take care the mixture does not stick to the utensil.
6) Let it boil for a atleast 5-6 mins and then let it cool.

You can use this baby food for your baby throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment